Monday, May 13, 2013

Courageous


I have been told i'm extremely courageous by the people I have saved. I have traveled across the country too many times to count bringing new people with me every time. The discrimination against our people is so unfair. the way they make us work all day everyday no matter the weather is unbearable. I am making it my mission to save all of these people i can and take them to safety up north. 

My nickname is Moses I started by saving my family from slavery and other slaves decided to come with. eventually I just kept going back down south and saving people. I even helped some into Canada to get away from the horrible times here. I have never lost a person on my way to rescuing 300 slaves.

I even helped to fight the south in the Civil War I was a cook and a nurse to help our soldiers in battle. Then I became a scout and spy. I was the first woman to lead an armed military expedition. On my mission I rescued 700 slaves. I then retired to my house in New York until i died at age 97.

No comments:

Post a Comment